Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cheapie



The picture with the small revolver is from the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog. The other references my latest internet purchase, and while they did manage to send me what I ordered...Gunmate IWB Holster Size 12, it does NOT fit Glocks 26, or 27 as described in the ad, has a slight grip-forward cant, and bears little resemblance to what they purported it to be.

Seven bucks. So it was worth a look. It's 2" too long, and when talking IWB-style carry that can mean all the difference between comfortable and not. There is no reason to tote a small pistol in a oversized holster, and when seated the extra length folds up on itself and is quite the distraction.

So frig it, I'll take the shears to it then sew it shut. I chose the Gunmate over Uncle Mike's because of the solid metal clip, the likes of which I've used successfully for many years. Mike uses a kydex clip that I am forever believing will snap when I'm using one to carry the 3" GP-100 in a similar rig. Hasn't yet, but it causes me to feel myself up when in public and that doesn't signal to the Sheeple that I'm a packer as much as a perv. "Look, Mommy, that man is stroking his hip!"

Where did I put the needle and thread...

No comments: