Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Home Defense

Been looking for a new (to me) short barreled shotgun of the Mossberg/Maverick type, and you'd think the whole state ran out of them all at once. Long barrels up the ying yang but nothing suitable for slugs that go bump in the night. I hate ordering guns online because I've got to touch and feel and even sniff the damned thing before purchasing, and it just goes to show that I haven't made any decent firearm connections here yet. There's a pawn shop a few miles down the road featuring a Maverick 88 for sale, but the owner must think because I'm ugly I'm dumb. I've never bitched about paying a fair price, and will even support local businesses above and beyond the call of duty, but $250 for a barebones 88 is insane. That's before tax, too. Offered the man $190 cash out the door and he looked at me as if I'd just stabbed him in the kidney.

Maybe next time.

No comments: