Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

From our house to yours, and from the folks at STOP THE ACLU. We link to Stop for several reasons; the stories are timely, well done, and effect all people of good will. Not that I want to get on a soapbox on Thanksgiving Day [too late], but you can bet that the un-American Crazed Lunatics don't take take a day of respite from their constant attack on pretty much anything America holds near and dear. There is a place for an ACLU that deserves the word American in it's name, a true defender of those incapable of defending themselves, and who wouldn't enjoy watching a group of lawyers ready to do battle with other lawyers, a real-life monster movie, a Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman Before the Bar, if you will.

Click into STOP to find the people who do just that, who out-chase the amublance chasers themselves.

I'm giving thanks for my life, my liberty, my family, and most of all my better half who makes me a better man in every way. I remember the days of spending Thanksgiving in places I wouldn't want to visit let alone live, and it's true that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. Live is precious, and to some of us freedom is even more so and standing amidst the ruins of it's absence is like having a piece of you taken away. Many have fought for it, and continue to do what they can to wage the constant battle against those who would fetter our lives and our spirit, and I'll get down from the podium now so it's okay to let the animals and small children back in the room.

Semper Fidelis.

No comments: