Friday, March 03, 2006

Damn but ammo prices have gone up...


Found the old Hi-Shoks at MidwayUSA - Federal Personal Defense Ammunition 40 S&W 180 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point Box of 20

Box of 20 is $12.99, and a year ago I paid $10.99 over the counter at a Scheels in Iowa. Oh well, at least I found them. Sent an email to be certain that these are the REAL deal and NOT the new an un-improved crap they feature at the Federal website. Not that means anything. Last week I ordered #6 magazine followers from Glockparts.com, after specifically asking them to be sure they were the 6's because 5's suck. Got them in the mail today, and sure enough. #5's.

And that's part and parcel of doing business over the web. You know what you want, the vendor assures you he has what you want, then sends whatever. Have had it happen with virtually every business I've dealt with over the years but where else does one go? The local gun shop? Please. Wal-Mart? Not anymore. They've scaled back selling anything that isn't a hunting weapon. Got a GREAT deal on a mini-14 5 or 6 years ago but try to find them at a Wall-World now.

UPDATE: Received an email from Glockparts apologizing for the wrong order and informing me that the correct one is on it's way. They've included a post-paid return envelope for me to send them the followers I did not order, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Also, got off the horn with Midway and they assure me that the ammunition I am looking for is the ammunition they have. Which means they haven't a clue because the gal kept referring to the part number and the part number didn't change, it was the product that did. They will not refund ammunition...they say to send it back to the manufacturer should something go awry, and my query as to whether or not receiving the WRONG ammo meant I could return it to THEM for the RIGHT ammo, was responded with, "we'll be real sure to send you the right part number, sir."

It's no fun going round and round with an idiot. But that's her job.

No comments: