Friday, March 03, 2006

The Hi-Shok of doing business over the net...

Cheaper than dirt, how may I direct your call...

Yes, good afternoon. I have a question regarding your item # 67351. The picture shows a box of 180 grain Federal Hi-Shok rounds, their item # C40SWA, but at the Federal website, that item number is for a totally different product. I guess my question is, will I be receiving the Federal Hi-Shok as portrayed on your site, or whatever it is they've changed that item # to?

Okay...yes sir I am seeing #67351, Federal Hi-Shok, C40SWA. If you order that product that's what we'll send you.

Whew, good. I was afraid that you just went by item # with no regards toward what the product actually is.

Well, sir, we have no control over what the manufacturer sends to us. As long as the item number is the same then the product must be the same too.

Ah, actually no, ma'am. The new bullets with that item number are drastically different than the ones you are advertising as Hi-Shok. In fact, they've dropped the name entirely in favor of Personal-Defense along with the item #.

As I SAID, sir, we have NO control over what the manufacturer is calling his product. All we can do is ensure that the item# you order is the item # you will receive.

But what if it's not the product I really want?

Then you'll have to take that up with the manufacturer, sir.

Look, okay, please, just tell me if you still sell Federal Hi-Shok 180 grains.

Gladly, sir, please hold while I re-check to be sure.

Elevator music.

Sir?

Yes, ma'am?

Yes sir we do carry Federal item # C40SWA.

Are they still the Hi-Shoks?

Sir I can't tell you what they're calling them now, but that's what we have under the item #.

So if you send me their new stuff and I don't like it?

We'll be sure to send you that item# sir, and if the product is in any way defective then you may in turn send it back to the manufacturer.

Would it help if I first contacted Federal to be sure that they still have Hi-Shok in the pipeline, or can you do that for me?

Of course I can, sir. I can check with Federal for item # C40SWA and be sure that item # C40SWA is what we have in stock. This might take me a time to start the inquiry, so it'd be best to call me back at, say this time again tomorrow. Wait, tomorrow's Saturday... okay, Monday morning before noon would probably do. Sir? Sir are you there?

No comments: