Thursday, November 03, 2005

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO EXCOMMUNICATE...


Ankle Biting Pundits

"Legend In His Own Mind Joe Biden was out stumping and Kentucky yesterday, and figuring he'd have to impress what the Democrats think of as "Bible Thumping Yahoos" he pulled out his favorite campaign prop - his rosary beads."

Quote: Biden said that he chooses to make a second presidential bid, he will aggressively defend his own values as well as those of the Democratic Party. "If I'm the nominee, Republicans will be sorry," said Biden, a Roman Catholic who ran for president in 1988. "The next Republican that tells me I'm not religious I'm going to shove my rosary beads down their throat."

If that sounds familiar from Biden, it's because he's done it before. In fact in January, 2005, I wrote about my similar experience with Biden.

Quote:
The man in an insufferable bore who if you asked what time it was he would give you the history of the watch and an hour later you still wouldn't know the time. He made the point of pulling out a rosary from his pocket and telling us he said it every day. 10 minutes later he was defending abortion.

____________________________
Every wonder WHY the Cathlolic Church doesn't just have a mass-excommunication for all of these pseudo-believers?

Would they suffer financially? The Church, I mean, would the Church lose donations, stature, what? What keeps them from simply kicking these kill-your-unwanted-baby dudes out of the faith?


Now, they can't receive most of the Sacraments, if any, because they cannot make a Confession, and without Confession one may not receive Holy Communion, so what's the point of keeping them around to sully some of the bedrock principles of the Church? To national audiences. Day after day. And then hide behind a rosary like Chickenhawk Joey.

Puzzles me, that's all. Tasks me as well. There are times, when thinking about such as Biden and Kerry and drunken ole Teddy, there are times I grow fatigued ruminating over the absurdities. Okay, enough of Khan.

No comments: