Thursday, April 20, 2006

!@!$&#@%(^

Internet explorer sucks as a portal into the web.

I just lost a lengthy post describing the fact that I've achieved high-speed access and the piss-me-off-again-at-your-peril mode has kicked in with a vengeance. All I did was try to intiate Bloggers feeble spellcheck and was whisked away to a different page, losing the previous one I had spent the better part of half an hour devising.

I don't know how fast this access is; Cox Cable literature reads "100 times faster than Dial-Up" and cranking up my multiplication whizbanger leads me to the conclusion that 5,600,000 bps is the going rate.

Is that fast?

I'll have to surf with the other PC to determine if we're paying for snails pace or have become a virtual Barry Allen of the web.

6 comments:

Joubert said...

56,000 bps (56 Kilobytes) is the standard dial-up speed.

5,600,000 bps (56 Megabytes) is the standard for DSL.

Non-geeks like us should always write in Notepad or some word-processor in case the net eats it. Blogger has a Recover Post thingy which sometimes works if it gets wiped out but I don't rely on it.

I use Firefox instead of Explorer. It can be downloaded free.

Fits said...

Thank you, sir.

Bushwack said...

I also use Firefox, And Pat is the one who enlightend me to this.
I use word for my writings and copy paste into Blogger.
I have all of them saved ICSH.

Fits said...

And thank you, as well.

Anonymous said...

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Check your speed.

Fits said...

Wow, thanks Sean.