Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Huh?

So let me get this straight; anti-abortion counseling services are listing themselves as abortion services, or abortion clinics, and there's a bill in the works to prohibit such as false advertising because abortion means abortion, not NO-abortion.

The ACLU is all for this legislation, which gives me pause, but it's fairly plain that this type of advertising IS deceptive. If I stop at a business that is advertising Automobile Paint Services, and what it really turns out to be is someone wanting to talk me OUT of getting my old junker painted in order to sell me a new junker, then that's deceptive, improper, and should be against the law.

If I avail myself of the services of a company that says they'll help me STOP smoking, but instead just wants to convince me to smoke THEIR brand, that's deceptive as well. What I'm getting at here is there is no fine line between abortion, and anti-abortion, as they are diametric opposites. If an outfit performs abortions or referrels then it's an abortion clinic. If it sits you down to try and talk you out of one, it's an anti-abortion clinic.

Anyhoot, here's what Stop The ACLU is saying about the deal, and I simply cannot agree with them on this at all. Deceptive is deceptive. It is not stifling anyone's right to be anti-abortion as long as you call a spade a spade and say so.

No comments: