Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What's The Buzz...

BuzzMachine » Blog Archive » Dell hell: fell post bell. Yell: sell pell-mell!.

Featured blog of the, um, evening, yeah the evening.

Was surfing and realized that I hadn't clicked into Buzzmachine by Jeff Jarvis for a spell, so I dropped by to see what he'd been up to.

Still mad at Dell, and I am as well somewhat, so lo and behold:

Well, well, do tell:
"Many, many folks sent me news that Dell warned of a bad earnings surprise and that its stock crashed like my Dell laptop. No, I don’t take credit or blame. But I’m not surprised. What do you think is going to happen when a company’s products and service decline? So will sales! So will profit! So will marketshare! So will stock! Doesn’t take a computer to figure that out.

Quelle surprise.
_____________________________________

Yeah I know, the obligatory, hey-lookee-me-I-quote-French, but Jeff is media savvy and an insider so it comes with the territory.

Bought a Dell Dimension Desktop myself and am underwhelmed by it. Tech service is non-existent and I've been forced to figure out my own glitches and go from there.

Back to Jeff: As most fence-sitters...that means someone with ideas who can't really come out and tell us what they feel for fear of driving away a potential customer...as most middle of the roaders Jeff'll bring up a topic for discussion, such as this one: BuzzMachine » Blog Archive » Privilege for whom? about what precisely IS a journalist and what privledge should be afforded such folks, and at the end of the essay you've read a lot of maybe's and who-know's and haven't learned much of anything.

Shame too, because the man can write and it'd be interesting to see what he really felt about certain things.

Jeff gets an average of 6400 hits per day, average duration of about 35 seconds per hit. Not a bad count for someone who stays away from controversy most of the time, but compared to Michelle Malkin, he's not even in the same ballpark.

Michelle? Ms Malkin averages about a quarter million hits a day, but the average time folks spend perusing is 3 seconds. Not a typo, that's THREE seconds. Lotsa clicks to crank that old hitcount up, eh? That and of course spambots looking for a chink in the armor.

Anyways, give Buzzmachine a look see if you're so inclined. Never can tell when Jeff might let his hair down.

Oh, and when visiting Michelle? Try and stay longer than 3 seconds. Won't kill ya.

No comments: