Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dispatches From Michael Yon

I deeply respect Michael Yon. His dispatches from the no-mans-lands of Iraq were inspired bits of good old fashioned journalism. He's in Afghanistan now, and I continue to receive emails updating the status of his blog, or website, or Online Magazine, or whatever it is.

I just really really hate being baited and switched. Clicking the link within the email doesn't bring me to the feature that caught my attention, so I must search high and low for it. Then when I find it, I can't figure out what's going on because it doesn't appear to have anything to do with much of anything except how purdy certain parts of Afghanistan are, and a multi-paragraph drone concerning an old friend of his.

Mysterious Land is the latest from Michael, the alluring bit of fluff that launched me on a search for whatever it was he might be speaking of, and if you've more patience than I perhaps you'll find something remotely connected to what is mysterious about this land.

No comments: