Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ann Coulter On How Complimented She Was To Be Called A She-Devil By A Trial Lawyer...

This is a rush transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," August 23, 2007. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated

COLMES: And here's the mistake John Edwards made. He should ignore you. He shouldn't talk about you. You know, he gives you exactly what you want. Right?

COULTER: I don't know. I think being called a she-devil by a trial lawyer is meant as a compliment. I thank him for that. But I just want to take, you know, the opportunity with this show to say, "No, John I will not date you."

And yes, you're right...

COLMES: I don't think that was a request.

COULTER: ... my book sales sailed up...

COLMES: I don't think it's a flirtation.

COULTER: ... every time he attacks me. And like I say, he's sinking like a rock. The more he attacks me, the more he goes down in the polls. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm actually pretty popular with the American people. So his core does love a catfight.

COLMES: I don't think you're very popular, Ann, with the very people who might like to vote for — in a Democratic primary or might vote for John Edwards or any other Democrat for president.

COULTER: Well, apparently, they think this is a little weird. I mean, this would be like Mitt and Ann Romney going around, like stalking Bill Maher. It's a little weird, Alan.

COLMES: You think you're being stalked?

COULTER: Apparently, Democrats don't like it either, because he's sinking like a rock. In fact, he has been since somebody told him I joke about him.

COLMES: By the way, after you called him the "F" word, and then you said, "If I say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he's been killed in a terrorist plot," is that hate speech?

COULTER: That's not my full sentence.

COLMES: Is that hate speech?

COULTER: No, that's not the full sentence. The full sentence was, at about the same time, the media was going crazy over my totally great joke. Bill Maher was wishing that Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack, so I've learned my lesson. The next time I say anything about John Edwards, I'll wish he was killed in a terrorist attack.

COLMES: Maher saying it doesn't justify your saying it. Is that hate speech?

COULTER: Well, then you just said it.

COLMES: No, I'm quoting. I'm quoting here.

COULTER: On your theory, you just said it.

COLMES: Answer me.

COULTER: Yes, I was quoting Bill Maher, Alan.

So here's the bottom line. When a liberal offers a joke in bad taste, its nothing more than a joke in bad taste. When a Conservative quotes the joke, THAT'S when it become hate speech. Then every liberal alive is offended, since, after all, THEY are the only ones who can poke fun at any one or any thing because Bush lied and people died.

Got it?

No comments: