Friday, March 20, 2009

EX-COP SAYS HE KILLED GIRLFRIEND BY ACCIDENT


"A crazed ex-NYPD drug cop charged with killing his girlfriend flew into a jealous rage the day of the murder, but claimed he was trying to shoot himself not her, authorities said today.

Jerry Bowens, 42, admitted to fighting with 28-year-old Catherine Donofrio about where she'd spent the previous night when he followed her into her best friend's bathroom on March 8 and pulled out his gun, according his statement to police.

"I threatened to kill myself and pulled out my gun and cocked the hammer," Bowens said, according to papers filed in Brooklyn Supreme Court. "When I lifted up the gun, it accidentally went off, striking Catherine in the head."

The NY Post has either pulled or flat out lost the original story so there's nothing but my memory to report to you that the piece had identified the handgun in question as a 9mm GLOCK.

Try cocking the hammer on YOURS and let me know how that works out for ya.

No comments: