Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogging The Grand Opening



Sarah DiMuro

Manhattanite Sarah DiMuro claims she's a 29-year-old virgin, but she wants to lose that exalted status by the time she turns 30.

So she's enlisted the good offices of Jane magazine to help her find the right man for the job - and the deadline is her birthday, Nov. 7.

"I'm a little bit anxious about all of this," the 5-foot-5½ , 108-pound blond told me yesterday over the phone. "I guess this is why my stomach hurts so much. I never went all the way before because I didn't feel right - I just didn't."

DiMuro, who says her first kiss with a boy didn't happen till she was 23, won't discuss her sexual experiences at the all-female Smith College ("What happens at Smith stays at Smith"), but has signed a legal document attesting to her chaste condition.

As for a medical exam to verify her claim, "I would be totally willing, I would be thrilled, actually," she said. "Well, don't say 'thrilled.' Say I would be comfortable with that kind of evidence."

Predictably, DiMuro's unusual quest has proved a PR bonanza for both herself and the women's mag - which will publish her blog about the multifarious blind dates and her progress,if any, from first base to home plate.

No comments: