Friday, August 25, 2006

The Wonders Of Technology

Since it's been raining on and off for the past several days, my internet access has been severely curtailed. 3 drops of water per hour and Cox Cable dumps the signal, and one soon tires of messages from Blogger to the tune that there's no link to the net so try again.

And again. Once more for good measure? Publishing is one thing and fact checking another. It's not that I've lost or haven't been able to publish my fill. As long as I take the time to pound away with the mouse the thing eventually works. But referencing and editing has been near to impossible. The email piles up, I scramble to authenticate something that someone has passed along, and for nearly a week now have been scrambling my brains as well. Checking the comment section has also been nigh on to improbable, but the French sigh it well, so kay sera sera.

It's the beginning of hurricane season, how could ANYONE forget the anniversary of Nagin's Folly, so I'm not expecting smooth sailing for a while. But we'll endeavor to persevere.

No comments: