Monday, January 30, 2006

Half Baked

I defecate you not; those crazy old guys over at The Box O' Truth are shooting rounds of ammunition into...

Bread.

To have a shooting range in one's back yard is the dream of most devotees of the bang-bang, and it seriously quivers my quails to see these dudes wasting their time and energy on such folderol. I've even offered to send them MODERN ammo, free of charge, if they'd only work up some fun things to shoot at, but no dice. In this particular deal, they respond to one of the oldest and most debunked shooting myth of all times. The canard that a loaf of bread can stop a bullet. And guess what...

Damn but I wish some young shooters would rig up a system like the Box boys. Maybe then we'd get to see what ammo designed after the Civil War would do against various obstacles. It's like AOL, and Google, and dare I say even the Pajama Party. No one else is interested in doing the same thing so we're left with half ass.

No comments: