Saturday, July 22, 2006

AR 10T Update


"Was waiting for Tommy to send me the numbers because I forgot. He says that it was just over 3000 rounds when the rifle turned to junk."

For entertainment purposes only, of course, say you were related to a gang of airheads who thought nothing would be cooler than to pool resources and do things like convert a .308 AR10T to full auto just to see how long it would take to shoot the thing out.

"Mine's doing good. I'm not as anal so 10-11K is a guesstimate only, but no problems at all."

So then. From an admittedly narrow point of reference, one might presume that AR-1o's are weapons of reasonable durability as long as you don't try your damndest to ruin a $2,000 rifle just to see if you can. As far as defining what "turned to junk" means, full-auto and handloads exceeding the speed of light tend to do silly things like shoot out the rifling itself. Nothing evinced catastrophic failure, and in the hands of those monkeys thats probably saying a lot.

I really do need to send my DNA for testing to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm in any way related. I honestly don't see how this could be.

No comments: