Sunday, July 30, 2006

Girls With Guns


Allow me to preface. Most gun aficionados know of the 4 basic rules for firearms safety, and the newest is the no-finger-on-the-trigger commandment that was preached by, among others, Jeff Cooper. When I entered military service there was no such caveat, and we happily went about our way with index in trigger guard, and yes, it WAS considered to be safer NOT to do so, but to harp on such matters was, well, rather effeminate and if some arse blew off a toe then who cares.

Not so nowadays, me hearty's. Maybe it's more women using guns, maybe it's more idiots using guns, maybe both, but grown men scream like little green girls whenever they see a booger hook on a bang switch. Lisa was instructed not to touch a trigger until she was prepared to fire, as I thought this to be a prudent thing since she was relatively new to firearms as a whole, and handguns in particular. To her credit, she has not fingered any triggers in my presence, but were she to do so I'd calmly remind her and I am sure she'd return the favor.

So then. What someone ELSE does in the privacy of their own dirty place is not a bit of my damned business, but it IS rather gauche to not only act so retarded, but to preserve such inane goings on for posterity.

Dolts With Bolts could be the title for fumble-fingered rifles, but Girls With Guns is my salute to those clueless wannabes who shoot themselves making believe they're shooting themselves.

No comments: