Sunday, September 18, 2005

Student Journalist From The Daily Tarheel Is Fired And Feathered


Commented upon a young lady's column Tarheels For Profiling! unaware that she had been canned for daring to speak of moslems and profiling in the same breath, and while UNC Chapel Hill is making unintelligible noises as to why they fired her, it boils down to the fact that Ms Bandes offended the goat fuckers and UNC Moslem Hill caved: And yeah, the pic is of the lardass who fired her. Expected a ot more from down to earth southerners. Shame on ya'll. What's that? Billboard butt isn't from the south? Whew, ok.

CHRIS COLETTA
Opinion Editor
The Daily Tar Heel - Opinion Editor justifies firing of Tuesday columnist

"Might as well get to the point: I fired Jillian Bandes yesterday.
And not because I thought she was a racist or an idiot. She is, in fact, neither — and even if she were, I wouldn’t have fired her for those reasons.
I fired her because she strung together quotes out of context. She took sources’ words out of context. She misled those sources when she conducted interviews.
In other words, she conducted journalistic malpractice, and that’s simply not something I, or The Daily Tar Heel, will tolerate.
By now, all of you have likely read Bandes’ Tuesday column, “It’s sad, but racial profiling is necessary for our safety.”

Yes, a lot of folks have, and while not the best effort, it was refreshing to see someone take on such a touchy subject and not be TOO politically correct about it. You, son, are a fatheaded opponent of virtually EVERYTHING journalism is suppossed to represent, and shame on your fatassed kneejerk response to please those scary moslems. Wouldn't worry were I you, kid, with a head like that no self-respecting camelfucker wants 50 pounds of suet for his mantelpiece. Gutless prig.

Response From Jillian Bandes:

"I was fired because my editors said that I implied that the three sources I quoted had agreed to be characterized as agreeing with the statement, “Yes, we want to be stripped naked and sexed up in an airport.”
When, in fact, they had not specifically condoned those exact actions.
Those were my words, not theirs. My interview quotes were deliberately juxtaposed against the comment, “Arabs don’t seem to think being sexed up is such a bad idea” in order to get the desired humorous effect.
Was it taken humorously? No. Was it the best judgment call on my part? No.
I offended people I truly respect and who have taught me valuable lessons on the problems with sensational journalism.
But what I did was not journalistically out of bounds. My sources agreed with racial profiling, and I simply added my two cents.

I’m deeply saddened that my sources have been harassed and have received death threats. I’m slightly put off by the profanity and hatred that has been thrown my way, and I’m extremely resentful for being called racist.
But this is the product of ignorant readers, not my writing."

Death threats to the moslems who had the NERVE to speak ill of all things goatfuckery, and to a GIRL, no less. Shame on them indeed. For being associated with a "religion" of cult-killing fanatics that haven't clue one, nor wish to, about freedom of speech. Sorry they canned ya, sis. don't let it get you TOO down in the dumps and remember that bigger fish than yourself have been axed because they dared tell the truth about moslems. You really didn't want to be around that smelly, cowardly fatass Coletta anyways, so look at the silver lining.

PS: I stand by what I said the other day, "You don't have to apologize for your beliefs, no matter WHAT your dimwitted professors are telling you." before I knew you made them so mad they wanted to cry. Scared the bupkus off 'a them too, didn't you? Good on ya.

No comments: