"A chemistry student in the Ukraine was found dead with his jaw blown off by what is believed to be exploding chewing gum, according to reports.
The 25-year-old's disfigured remains were discovered at his parent's home in the northern Ukrainian city of Konotop, reports in the Eastern European country said.
The young man, who studied at Kiev Polytechnic Institute, was working at a computer late on Saturday when the alleged explosion happened.
"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," the ukranews.com Web site said, citing an aide to the city's police chief.
"When his relatives entered the room, they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off."
A forensic examination established that the chewing gum was covered with an unidentified chemical substance, thought to be some type of explosive material.
The student apparently had a bizarre habit of chewing gum after dipping it into citric acid, Russian news agency Ria Novosti said.
Officers found both citric acid packets and a similar-looking unidentified substance, believed to be some kind of explosive material, on a table near the body, the agency continued.
Investigators suspect that the student simply confused the packets and put gum covered with explosive material into his mouth..."
Stories like this are what keeps me from believing that only American "journalists" are A.) Too dumb to waste oxygen on, B.) Lazy-ass no-nothings who steal each and every paycheck, and 3.) Sure to be the eventual downfall of the mainstream media as we know it.
So this kid has a package of explosive stuff sitting on his desk right next to his citric acid stuff. Sure. Lots of guys bring home high explosives from school then confuse them with chewing gum flavor enhancers. Hell, I like to dip the tip of my ceegars into bourbon now and again and just the other day almost accidentally mistook my cars gastank for a snifter and that'll teach me not to park the thing in the living room.
Post a Comment