Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ad Sense

The ads at the bottom of the page have been making sense lately, and this puzzles me. I've been yammering on and on about shooting this with that and they've taken notice and featured the following:

Precision Shooting Applications of Borescopes by Gradient Lens Corporation

Hmm. Okay, so I click in, and it's a serious site for the mega-buck shooter. But listen to this:

"If you are a target shooter, benchrest shooter, varmint hunter, rifle collector, gunsmith, firearms manufacturer, forensic scientist or even an everyday hunter you will find the Hawkeye borescope a valuable tool for leaning about the care, cleaning and quality of your rifle barrels."

They mention everything but the single most important reason to own a firearm. Self-defense. Too un-politically correct? Advertising something to help in zapping groundhogs but omitting protecting home and hearth.

Okay. Guess someone spending several thousand on a hunting rifle is the one they're after, and not us poor folk who balk at spending more than two grand or so on a deer gun, or half that on a handgun. Shit, I don't even know if I'm supposed to be calling attention to the ads or what I think of them, but too bad. They do not earn me a penny, and if they DID I'd be all over their asses because I'm a sucky businessman and would be the biggest pain to deal with.

No comments: