Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ann Hasn't Heard Of Dennis' Peaceful Somali's...

"The amazing part of the great Danish cartoon caper isn't that Muslims immediately engage in acts of mob violence when things don't go their way. That is de rigueur for the Religion of Peace. Their immediate response to all bad news is mass violence. That's a "dog bites man" story and belongs on page B-34, next to the grade school hot lunch menu and the birth notices.

After an Egyptian ferry capsized recently, killing hundreds of passengers, a whole braying mob of passengers' relatives staged an organized attack on the company, throwing furniture out the window and burning the building to the ground. Witnesses say it was the most violent ocean liner-related incident since Carnival Cruise Lines fired Kathie Lee Gifford. The "offense to Islam" ruse is merely an excuse for Muslims to revert to their default mode: rioting and setting things on fire.

These people have a serious anger management problem. So it's not exactly a scoop that Muslims are engaging in violence. A front-page story would be "Offended Muslims Remain Calm.""
__________________
For years I lived in Australia and Indonesia, with side trips to various other south/southeast asian countries. I got out of that line of work when people I had known for years were suddenly threatening my life. Nice fella's, too. Salt of the earth. One day I was standing on a streetcorner in Jakarta waiting for a friend to arrive when from out of nowhere a mob came pouring from one of the local malls. The translator I was with suggested we head in the other direction, and pronto. When I told him that we had to wait for Ian, his ever-present smile disappeared and he raised his voice for the first time in my presence.

"We go. Now. Or I tell them kill you too."

It was the Yellows versus the Greens. In Indonesia different "political" factions are allowed to publically protest as long as they wear colors identifying them as members of one group or another. The yellows were headed our way and here my "friend" of several years was telling me to run or he'd join them in tearing me to pieces.

They were stalking Brits that day, but would have settled for a Yank so I headed back to the hotel, dialing Ian's number as I trotted along. Seems he had missed one of the connections necessary to deposit his huffy ass in Jakarta, and all was well. I told him about the sudden change in attitude of our driver/translator and he apologized for not warning me of what could and would happen if the religious leaders decided it was time to kill all Westerners and let Allah sort things out.

They'd play cards with you, they'd swap jokes with you, they'd take every last cent of money you offered...and believe me when I tell you that this particular chap was as well paid as they came...they'd be hale fellows well met but if the mullahs said off-with-his-head they'd also try to kill you.

I believed it, but didn't want to believe it. I had done these people no harm. I had fed their families, attended weddings or sent congratulations when they married or were graced with sons and daughters. And for no other reason but for the fact that I was an American and perhaps even worse, a Christian, they would take me down like a pack of dogs on a wounded bear and rip me to pieces.

Everyone out there can go about their merry way believing what they want to believe about happy people just trying to make ends meet and how very sweet some of them are and how we shouldn't paint all of them with the same broad brushstroke.

Ian died a few weeks later. He and another Brit found themselves on the sharp end of a dozen or more machete's when another call went out to kill some westerners. I got out of Dodge and stayed out of Dodge.

Such nice people, though.

And since the memnory of my dead friend has stirred some bile, here's more of what Ann had to say today:

"If you don't want to get shot by the police, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, then don't point a toy gun at them. Or, as I believe our motto should be after 9/11: Jihad monkey talks tough; jihad monkey takes the consequences. Sorry, I realize that's offensive. How about "camel jockey"? What? Now what'd I say? Boy, you tent merchants sure are touchy. Grow up, would you?

Muslims in Syria torched the Danish Embassy a few weeks ago, burning it to the ground. According to everyone, the Syrian government was behind the attack — the prime minister of Denmark, Condoleezza Rice and White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

I think even the gals on "The View" have acknowledged that Damascus was behind this one. McClellan said: "We will hold Syria responsible for such violent demonstrations since they do not take place in that country without government knowledge and support."

We are signatories to a treaty that requires us to do more than "hold Syria responsible" for this attack. Syria has staged a state-sponsored attack on our NATO partner on Danish soil, the Danish embassy. According to the terms of the NATO treaty, the United States and most of Europe have an obligation to go to war with Syria.

Or is NATO — like the conventions of civilized behavior, personal hygiene and grooming — inapplicable when Muslims are involved? Liberals complain about "unilateral action," but under the terms of a treaty created by Dean Acheson and the Democrats, France, Germany, Spain and Greece are all obliged to go to war with us against Syria.

Why, it's almost like a coalition! OK, Mr. Commie: Saddle up!"
____________________
And I'll close with some words to the wise. Never, ever, trust religious fanatics of ANY persuasion. Judeo-Christians have, for the most part dispensed with the belief that all non Judeo-Christians should be beheaded in the street like the mangy curs they are. Moslems have not. EVERY act of terror the world has seen over the past 6 years can be laid at the feet of one moslem group or another. You know, those sweet little guys who really just need some more understanding.

Sorry, been fooled more than once by this lot and don't want to be making a habit of it, so hug away kids but don't expect me to join in the group dryhump anytime soon.

No comments: